NEW – Weyburn Date Added – See below for details
At this interactive workshop, parents, caregivers, and professionals will learn about the psychological and physiological roots of anxiety, why it is on the rise in our children, and a variety of simple easy to implement strategies to help children/teens better manage it.
Join Stacey Adelman, Registered Psychologist, founder of Joshua Tree Learning Centre, former teacher, special education teacher, and parent of 3 daughters as she presents a holistic* and strength-based approach that provides straight forward, research-based strategies that caretakers, parents, and professionals can use to support individuals who are struggling.
• Identify neurobiological and physiological mechanisms of anxiety
• Identify cognitive learning patterns that may contribute to anxiety and stress and learn accommodations that may be helpful in the classroom and at home
• Describe how family dynamics can contribute to anxiety in children and teens
• Learn a variety of strategies to help your child manage anxiety
• Recognize environmental and societal factors that contribute to the increase in anxiety in youth
• Explore pharmacological and naturopathic treatment options
• Learn a variety of strategies to help your child/teen manage anxiety
Stacey Adelman, M.Ed. Registered Psychologist, Founder of Joshua Tree Learning Centre
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Joshua Tree Learning Centre, Regina, SK
Saturday March 7, 2020
Weyburn Public Library